georgeguimaraes

georgeguimaraes

Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my own projects.

Includes:

  • elixir-lsp: Language Server integration (go-to-definition, references, Dialyzer). Using elixir-ls.
  • mix-format: Auto-formats .ex/.exs files after edits

claude plugin marketplace add georgeguimaraes/claude-code-elixir

https://github.com/georgeguimaraes/claude-code-elixir

Feedback welcome!

Showing Posts 1 to 9

georgeguimaraes

georgeguimaraes OP

Added

  • elixir-architectural-thinking: Mental models for writing Elixir — how it differs from OOP.
  • phoenix-ecto-thinking: Architectural patterns for Phoenix and Ecto.
  • otp-thinking: OTP design patterns and when to use each abstraction.
Hsidhxxh

Hsidhxxh

thoughts on adding expert lsp?

georgeguimaraes

georgeguimaraes OP

whenever it is ready to be used, I’ll add it

zekus

zekus

I dont seem to be able to have the lsp working. I installed the elixir-ls and I can see it working if I type ! elixir-ls in claude code prompt but, when I ask claude to test the lsp while I am in an elixir project, I get No LSP server available for file type: .ex
I am lost and Claude seem to not understand what is wrong too :smiley:
I am on the lastest Claude Code (2.0.74)

georgeguimaraes

georgeguimaraes OP

all LSPs are bugged on Claude Code. there’s an open issue there.

ghannam80

ghannam80

Great, maybe we need to contribute Ash related ones

bradley

bradley

I personally have found the post edit and pre commit hooks useful for running mix ash.codegen: claude-marketplace-elixir/plugins/ash/README.md at main · bradleygolden/claude-marketplace-elixir · GitHub

And great project, ty for sharing!

fotkin

fotkin

Tried to use it, couldn’t get it to work, claude tried to help, run in circles, but nothing helped.

● Good news — expert IS running (Claude Code started it). It’s a BEAM process. And the manual test shows it does accept --stdio. The issue is likely that expert takes a while to initialize (compiling/indexing), and the LSP tool times out.

● Bash(which expert && expert --version 2>&1)
⎿ /root/.local/bin/expert
0.1.0-rc.5-d1b4889

georgeguimaraes

georgeguimaraes OP

Changed it to be more vendor agnostic and work with Codex as well and renamed it to elixir-agent-tools

My idea here is that those skills SHOULD and NEED to be small, only knowledge that would change how an LLM reasons about elixir code should be added. (I ran some evals to decide that).

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
kip
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews