ryanrborn
Four Elixir behaviours keep a production trading pipeline completely broker-agnostic — not one big interface but four, each with a distinct responsibility. The dispatch mechanism stores the broker module as an atom in the database and calls behaviour callbacks directly on it: no case statements, no pattern matching on broker types, just function dispatch to whatever module is configured for the session. The post also covers partial implementations (brokers that do market data but not order execution), auth isolation that ranges from standard OAuth2 to a username/password flow with a push-based token refresh model, and two things in the design I’d change now.
Trending in Blog Posts
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
The words are insufficient to describe what transpired. What we tried to do met what the people wanted it to be. It became beautiful.
Th...
New
Hi all,
I’ve built a small demo app to understand what an “AI agent” actually is under the hood, and to show it with Elixir’s own tools ...
New
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
Secure boot and a verified root filesystem on an STM32MP157F-DK2 - with Nerves of course
Four links of an authenticated boot chain on an ...
New
A backtest worker and a live trading node had to share one broker rate limit and one set of OAuth tokens, and both only work if there’s e...
New
An automated trigger fired every two minutes for 8 hours. 243 agent runs. 31M tokens. $63 wasted. The problem: nobody noticed until morni...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming









