feng19

feng19

Elixir Data Viewer

A read-only web viewer for Elixir data structures with syntax highlighting, code folding, line numbers, and a Tokyo Night theme.

Built with vanilla TypeScript + DOM — no CodeMirror, no React — powered by lezer-elixir for accurate parsing.

Features

  • Syntax Highlighting — Accurate Elixir syntax coloring via lezer-elixir parser, matching Tokyo Night theme

  • Code Folding — Collapse/expand maps, lists, tuples, keyword lists, bitstrings, and multi-line strings

  • Line Numbers — Gutter with line numbers and fold indicators

  • Floating Toolbar — Per-viewer toolbar (appears on hover) with:

    • ⊟ Fold All

    • ⊞ Unfold All

    • :right_arrow_curving_left: Word Wrap toggle

    • ⎘ Copy to clipboard

    • ⧩ Filter by key

  • Key Filtering — Hide specific key-value pairs by key name (e.g. filter out socket, secret_key_base)

  • Multiple Viewers — Support multiple independent viewer instances on the same page

  • Configurable Toolbar — Show/hide individual toolbar buttons via options or HTML data-* attributes

  • Word Wrap — Toggle word wrap for long lines

  • Zero Dependencies — Only peer dependencies on lezer-elixir and @lezer/common/@lezer/highlight

Visit the website directly and try out the online demo.

https://github.com/feng19/elixir-data-viewer

Showing Posts 1 to 7

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Sounds nice – could you add some screenshots to the README, please?

feng19

feng19 OP

Thank you. I suggest you visit the website directly and try out the online demo.

c4lliope

c4lliope

@feng19 - this looks really nice, and perhaps is something that could be used inside LiveView - have you thought about releasing a kino package to use this as a plugin?

feng19

feng19 OP

Yes, that’s a great idea. I’ll try to implement it later.

a-maze-d

a-maze-d

Nice!

Side note: On your webpage you have a typo when linking to x_trace (you geta 404 from github)

You link to:

https://github.com/feng19/xtrace

instead of

https://github.com/feng19/x_trace

feng19

feng19 OP

Fixed, Thanks.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews