mhindujadheerajsudan
Hi, I’m Dheeraj Sudan from the UK. I’m a software developer and also run a business with my wife Meenu Hinduja. I’m interested in getting started with Elixir but not sure what the best path is.
For those of you who’ve learned it, how did you begin? Any resources, tutorials, or projects you’d recommend for a beginner? Also, are there things you wish you knew earlier when starting out?
Would really appreciate any suggestions or guidance—thanks in advance!
Regards
Dheeraj Sudan and Meenu Hinduja
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
abreujp
I have this repository with some links that might be useful for you: https://github.com/abreujp/masters-of-elixir
derek-zhou
You are a software developer, so you can skip the basics. If I were you, I will rewrite one of my personal projects in Elixir. This is no better way to learn than doing a real world project and since you have already done it in another language, you can focus on implementation details.
LostKobrakai
I’d go through the getting started guides of elixir. Those are the best way to get an initial overview over the language and can be done as slow or quickly as fits your expertise. For how OTP and the more unique parts of elixir work I’ll always suggest the elixir in action book.
AstonJ
Further to what’s already been said, have a look at other threads in this section, eg:
And be sure to check out all of the wonderful Elixir Learning Resources > Books and Learning Resources > Courses we have (many of those threads contain reviews which are worth a look).
Good luck
GroxioLearning
Hope your Elixir journey is going well - join Bruce Tate Live — AI + Engineering Sessions Every Other Thursday . Free to attend the hour session on Elixir.
nseaSeb
Hi, maybe with the great “Elixir in action” book and livebook.