gzah
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
kokolegorille
You have already posted a similar question in this topic.
gzah
Actually I posted a similar questions, but this time I wanted to know specifically whether there is exactly an Elixir AST to XML code convertor.
NobbZ
How should the resulting XML look like, you didn’t even specify this…
gzah
As normal XML does
No just kidding, there is not a particular format, just showing that it has keywords like defmodule, def, print, IO as library …
A basic form of XML code. However if possible a pretty print diagram for an AST would be much better in this specific case.
kokolegorille
Probably not something already made, but it does not seem impossible with the help of any of these packages.
NobbZ
So
"<?xml foo><ast>#{File.read("foo.ex") |> elem(1)}</ast>"is fine for you?Follows your “specification” of “should be XML and contain the info if there was a defmodule etc”.
gzah
Sorry, is that a command or an output result ?
NobbZ
Thats a string that uses interpolation to insert a given files sourcecode into the string. As its wrapped in tags, its close enough to XML.
You might need to escape, as I realise now…
lucaong
The point is that there is no “normal” XML. You could give an example snippet of how the XML could look like. Choosing which fields you want to expose and how to represent the AST in XML is 100% up to you.
Library wise, one of the packages posted by @kokolegorille will probably work to serialize Elixir data structures into XML, but they will require some serialization logic on your side.
dimitarvp
I’d just use the streaming serializer of Erlang’s builtin
:xmerlpackage. It’s extremely performant and the fact that Elixir AST is basically a recursive 3-tuples structure (if I remember correctly) should make it extremely easy.