sushant12
I am having an issue deploying my phoenix app to gigalixir.
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350124+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | ** (RuntimeError) connect raised KeyError exception: key :database not found. The exception details are hidden, as they may contain sensitive data such as database credentials. You may set :show_sensitive_data_on_connection_error to true when starting your connection if you wish to see all of the details
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350152+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (elixir) lib/keyword.ex:393: Keyword.fetch!/2
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350182+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (postgrex) lib/postgrex/protocol.ex:92: Postgrex.Protocol.connect/1
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350260+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (db_connection) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:69: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350286+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (connection) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350315+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (stdlib) proc_lib.erl:247: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350334+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | Last message: nil
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350452+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | 01:05:40.270 [error] GenServer #PID<0.1683.0> terminating
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350459+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | ** (RuntimeError) connect raised KeyError exception: key :database not found. The exception details are hidden, as they may contain sensitive data such as database credentials. You may set :show_sensitive_data_on_connection_error to true when starting your connection if you wish to see all of the details
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350460+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (elixir) lib/keyword.ex:393: Keyword.fetch!/2
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350463+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (postgrex) lib/postgrex/protocol.ex:92: Postgrex.Protocol.connect/1
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350504+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (db_connection) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:69: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350585+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (connection) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350620+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | (stdlib) proc_lib.erl:247: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350645+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | Last message: nil
2019-09-24T01:05:40.350692+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | 01:05:40.271 [info] Application stipe exited: shutdown
2019-09-24T01:05:40+00:00 stipe[gigalixir]: Readiness probe failed: dial tcp 10.56.12.134:4000: connect: connection refused
2019-09-24T01:05:41.359831+00:00 stipe[stipe-5c6c65949d-84thz]: web.1 | {"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_terminated,stipe,shutdown}"}
2019-09-24T01:05:41.359881+00:00 stipe[stipe-5c6c65949d-84thz]: web.1 | Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_terminated,stipe,shutdown})
2019-09-24T01:05:41.362196+00:00 stipe[stipe-5c6c65949d-84thz]: web.1 |
2019-09-24T01:05:41.782657+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | {"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_terminated,stipe,shutdown}"}
2019-09-24T01:05:41.782745+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 | Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_terminated,stipe,shutdown})
2019-09-24T01:05:41.786425+00:00 stipe[stipe-767f97457f-657ng]: web.1 |
2019-09-24T01:05:43+00:00 stipe[gigalixir]: Readiness probe failed: dial tcp 10.56.12.134:4000: connect: connection refused
And this is my prod.exs file
config :stipe, StipeWeb.Endpoint,
load_from_system_env: true,
# Needed for Phoenix 1.2 and 1.4. Doesn't hurt for 1.3.
http: [port: {:system, "PORT"}],
# Without this line, your app will not start the web server!
server: true,
secret_key_base: "${SECRET_KEY_BASE}",
url: [host: "${APP_NAME}.gigalixirapp.com", port: 443],
cache_static_manifest: "priv/static/cache_manifest.json"
config :stipe, StipeWeb.Repo,
adapter: Ecto.Adapters.Postgres,
url: "${DATABASE_URL}",
database: "",
ssl: true,
show_sensitive_data_on_connection_error: true,
# Free tier db only allows 4 connections. Rolling deploys need pool_size*(n+1) connections where n is the number of app replicas.
pool_size: 2
I wonder why it cant connect to db as mentioned in the logs. And even with the show_sensitive_data_on_connection_error: true, enabled I still see the enable it to show sensitive info message in the log
Also I am using distillery.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
jesse
Just a guess, but try replacing StipeWeb.Repo with Stipe.Repo
sushant12
this is so embarassing. I didnt even see it was namespaced under StipeWeb. I wish the error was more verbose and told me that there is no repo inside StipeWeb.
jesse
No worries! It’s actually a very common error. I see it almost everyday.