mnkhod

mnkhod

So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handling side of things on LiveView.

I understand there is 4 main category on the error class which are forbidden/invalid/framework/unknown. This is great but the problem is having to manage more than 1 errors. I understand the use case that errors propogating and coming as a list is great but what if i wanna show only 1 error since my frontend toast can only show 1 error message and having multiple error message would ruin it. Hence is there any configuration on ash action that allows me to say if any error occur then send that error and stop the whole action?

Having this would allow my invoking of code interface inside case statement be more lean since i can just pattern match on 1 error message to show multiple possible errrors inside put_flash.

Having to pattern match on Ash.Error.Invalid errors list with Enum.find and match function is making me go crazy.

Isnt this more lean tho? pls let me know if im being dumb

Showing Posts 1 to 1

zachdaniel

zachdaniel

Creator of Ash

I might need to see some code examples of how exactly you’re using it in your LV, but in general you can do things like this just fine:

defp get_one_error(%{errors: [error | _]}), do: error
defp get_one_error(error), do: error # fallback to using the class error in case you somehow just get one of those back

Ash itself doesn’t provide a way to just automatically stop on the first error and raise or return that, so whatever you do would need to be solved outside of the core calls.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews