santosh79

santosh79

Hi Group,
Does anyone have suggestions on a video or talk they had seen at a conference that covered OTP (in Elixir) starting from the basics to more complex hierarchies?

Thanks all,
Santosh

Showing Posts 1 to 7

dlively

dlively

I haven’t seen any yet, but I’m reading through a new book called Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP. I know that’s not exactly what you were asking for, but the book focuses exclusively on OTP frameworks. There’s one chapter early in the book that acts as a “refresher” for Erlang, which is really all you’ll need if you’re familiar with Elixir, so don’t let the Erlang title scare you away.

Qqwy

Qqwy

TypeCheck Core Team

I gave a talk about this a few weeks ago. It covers a lot of Elixir’s concurrency and OTP, from the basis to relatively complex hierarchies and ideas.

A Winner is you: A practical introduction to concurrency in Elixir

gausby

gausby

I suggest searching for talks by Torben Hoffmann. His talks are heavy on the business argument of choosing Erlang (and Elixir), and how to do stuff with OTP.

If you only watch one I suggest the Exploring Elixir using board game logic.

Also the ElixirConf talks by Saša Jurić are all brilliant.

santosh79

santosh79 OP

Thanks. This was super helpful!

soundstruck

soundstruck

+1 for Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP. I’m currently reading it. I’m not even half way through the book, and and so far it has been the most helpful to me as far as having a much firmer grasp on OTP. Super happy with it!

pesnk

pesnk

Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP. is my next tech buy.

In the meanwhile I read the little Elixir and OTP book (The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook - Benjamin Tan Wei Hao) which is a really cool book to starts with.

DavidVII

DavidVII

I really enjoyed Elixir Is Neat But What Can You Actually Do With It? by Rob Conery. Quite the nice introduction.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Talks Top

CodeSync
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
CodeSync
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash &amp; Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY ...
New
CodeSync
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New Comments...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews