andreasronge

andreasronge

What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ?
Wrote a blog on why and what that enables.
As I see it the LLM has very different requirements on languages, runtimes and libraries.
For example it’s rather crazy that we often allow the LLM use a general purpose language and the operating system. But I also believe that the LLM will actually gain power by restricting its capabilities.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

rhcarvalho

rhcarvalho

Loved how it circles back to Lisp :slight_smile:

Clojure is indeed a good modern pick. If you don’t know it already, have a look at babashka, it’s “Clojure to replace bash scripts”, maybe that brings some inspiration.

Another nice Lisp/Scheme-derived language is Racket, which might be less “practical” but may also provide insights.

andreasronge

andreasronge OP

Thanks. Yes I do use Babashka as the oracle for Clojure conformance tests. Will check Racket.
Btw, there seems to be more devs that comes to the same conclusion regarding Lisp is a good fit, I learned about these today:
AgentScript

Every existing language was designed for human typists with fragile indentation. AgentScript is engineered from first principles for autonomous models: single-pass balanced S-expressions, zero syntax repair loops, 57%–65% token savings over JSON, and verified multi-target compilation into Wasm, Rust, TypeScript, and Python.

and sema-lang

For me the interesting thing is the BEAM runtime and what that allows the agents safely to do that human developers would never do (e.g. fan out 100+ REPLs)

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Clojure is great but the JVM startup time is a tough pill to swallow for scripts. Maybe through another runtime, or if they began compiling to native code like Racket does, then it’d be worth another look.

rhcarvalho

rhcarvalho

Have a look at babashka.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Blog Posts Top

bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
zorn
An educational side project in Elixir, Phoenix, and Tauri. I share what I learned while wiring Automerge into the BEAM, including how I s...
New
andreasronge
What happens if you design tools for LLMs instead of letting LLM use human tools ? Wrote a blog on why and what that enables. As I see ...
New
zorn
:pencil: Phoenix’s built-in LiveView test helpers require you to hand-build the form payload and start a fresh pipe after every click. Wo...
New
ryanzidago
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
pckrishnadas88
In the previous part of this series, we built a Worker Pool from scratch, exploring point-to-point communication where a coordinator assi...
New
pckrishnadas88
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews