andreasronge
Build LLM agents that write and execute programs instead of reading data. ptc_runner lets LLMs generate PTC-Lisp programs that run deterministically in sandboxed BEAM processes — no Python runtime, no Docker containers.
Instead of stuffing thousands of records into an LLM’s context window, the LLM writes a small program that filters, aggregates and transforms the data computationally. Tool results stay in BEAM memory, the LLM only sees what it needs.
Features
- purpose-built PTC-Lisp (Clojure inspired) language with minimal surface area — the language itself is the sandbox
- process isolation with configurable timeouts and heap limits, one crash never takes anything else down
- typed signatures with automatic retry — LLM gets structured feedback on errors, including process crashes (OOM, timeout), and adapts
- transactional memory via
def— data persists across turns without re-entering context - composable SubAgents with typed imports/exports — agents pass large datasets between each other through BEAM memory
- parallel tool calling with
pmap/pcalls— BEAM-native concurrency, no thread pool configuration - ad-hoc
llm-queryfrom within generated programs — combine computation and LLM judgment in one workflow - compiled SubAgents — LLM writes orchestration logic once, execute deterministically after that
- telemetry spans for every turn, LLM call and tool call with parent-child correlation
- trace viewer with Chrome DevTools flame chart export
- JSON mode for single-turn structured output via Mustache templates
Based on the Programmatic Tool Calling concept from Anthropic: https://www.anthropic.com/engineering/advanced-tool-use
Blog post about the motivation and design: PTC-Runner Blog | ptc_runner blog
Links
Package: ptc_runner | Hex
Docs: PtcRunner v0.13.0 — Documentation
Source:
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Hey folks,
I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version:
Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










