gtcode

gtcode

Aloha gang,

There’s a new class of AI model out from TypeSafe. Jev is their flagship model. You can learn about it here:

I built an SDK for Jev in Elixir:

This SDK is designed to work with their official endpoint. I haven’t tried it with Vercel router, or anything else besides the official endpoint.

There’s currently a waitlist. But LMK if Vercel or others work, too:

Showing Posts 1 to 10

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

Oh wow! It seems like it’s a race to the moon with all these model releases these days!

Also, congratulations on releasing this SDK. So much time and effort went into the README, which is very commendable! I’m sure the actual code is even more straightforward.

Adding this to my watchlist. Thanks for the work!

gtcode

gtcode OP

Thanks. Yes, this is all over AI social media. Huge game changer for anyone working with agentic workflows.

Quick follow-up to my earlier typesafe_sdk 0.1 post: 0.2.0 is out:

TypeSafe SDK v0.2.0

This release turns the initial TypeSafe/System One client into a much richer Elixir-native semantic SDK: strict noul / choice / score constructors, prepared questions, evaluate / evaluate_many / streaming evaluation, caller-key preservation, request-relative response validation, richer probability/Score helpers, supervised concurrency, a real transport-level testing API, telemetry, schema tooling, and a labeled evaluation workflow. The original system_one API remains compatible.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, given the noise and relevance: three other independent Elixir TypeSafe clients appeared almost immediately around the launch. I reviewed all three and leveraged the best features from all three for this release:

Matt Neel – https://github.com/mattneel/typesafe: response ergonomics, ranked distributions/margins, expected vs. modal Scores, validation paths, schema export, telemetry and testing ideas.

hfiguera – https://github.com/hfiguera/typesafe_ai: request-relative response validation, retry/replay discipline, privacy-conscious telemetry, runtime-boundary thinking, and model-vs-application-policy evaluation.

TypeSend – https://github.com/typesend/typesafe_ai: semantic question DSL, caller-key preservation, prepared questions, enriched Score semantics, batch evaluation and application testing patterns.

Thanks to these authors for their contributions to the ecosystem. Acknowledgement is in the README.md.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Any success stories with it? It does look interesting.

gtcode

gtcode OP

Yeah, but most things are not in written for the BEAM, of course.

Fast browser agents are hot. Video game agents. LLM guardrails, code review, rdbms natural language filters. There are a few “awesome” lists on github.

I’m working on a boring Elixir coding agent sandbox project using it. It’s a good fit for the tech – fast/performant typed semantic judgment for security boundaries.

typesend

typesend

Thanks for the shout-out, @gtcode ! Hello all…I would love any feedback on my latest version and docs, just published:

https://typesafe-api.hexdocs.pm/0.1.0-alpha.3/readme.html

aaronrussell

aaronrussell

4 new libraries on the same day for the same thing - it’s a good sign :slight_smile: Very keen to play with them all - on the waitlist.

gtcode

gtcode OP

Dannote has released a fifth version, and, as expected, it includes some really neat features:

https://github.com/dannote/jev

All five clients are MIT-licensed, which is a reasonable concession to the reality of modern AI development. I’m borrowing some of Dannote’s features in the next release.

mikehostetler

mikehostetler

ReqLLM shipped support for Jev today as well, v1.24: req_llm | Hex

Here’s a gist I put together to walk through it: Evaluate issues with Jev using ReqLLM and a plain Elixir GenServer · GitHub

It’s a different beast, so opted to expose it via a new evaluate/4 method

AstonJ

AstonJ

In case it’s of interest to anyone, re Jev, saw this on Devtalk: Laya - the OS version of Jev, created a year ago - AI In The News - Devtalk

And then in September 2026, a well-funded frontier lab called TypeSafe AI (founded by Diogo Almeida, a co-inventor of ChatGPT at OpenAI) launched Jev. They proposed the exact same non-autoregressive decision concept as if it was a brand-new scientific breakthrough. Except they launched without technical papers, without open weights, and with zero open training datasets.

Source:

Haven’t read it yet - but so Jev is not the ‘first’ as per their marketing?

gtcode

gtcode OP

Thanks. There are a number of alternative open weight alternatives. I’ll look into streamlining a safetensors/elixir/nx mini ecosystem around them, then turn typesafe_sdk into a generic system one harness.

Relevant discussion on hn:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews