Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2022

There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for 2022 :slight_smile:. This year’s edition features Elixir, Erlang and Phoenix!

The survey has now been open for a couple of weeks, and will remain open until June 1, 2022.

Blog post: The 2022 Developer Survey is now open - Stack Overflow Blog
Survey: https://stackoverflow.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5jeoE1pq9sFcwIe

For people coming across this topic in the future, the results are now in, and discussed here:
Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2022 - Phoenix most loved framework and Elixir second most loved language!

19 Likes

With Elixir having just turned 10 let’s pin this to try and encourage more people to fill it in this year :023:

20 Likes

Good survey, my only issue is the block chain question, because it put so much under one question. I like the idea of decentralization, but block chain as a tech seems to have not been used for anything useful yet

4 Likes

I finished the survey. My issue is that some of the questions don’t have separate input fields for the “others” option.

2 Likes

When “blockchain, crypto, and decentralization” are bundled together, the result is a leading question. Only those who favour crypto can interpret this question consistently.

5 Likes