lcabrini
I tried setting background color by theme using bg-blue-500 dark:bg-yellow-300 and that worked fine. However, the system/auto theme in the theme switcher (the one that is supposed to use the desktop theme) uses bg-blue-500 although my desktop theme variant is dark.
What is the correct way to set custom colors to an element that works with the system theme variant?
I don’t think it makes any difference but my desktop theme is Breeze dark. Browser is Brave.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
lcabrini
I’m following up on this a bit. In
lib/<app>_web/compoents/layouts.exthere is a functiontheme_toggle/1with this:However, here I get stuck because I don’t know enough about the project layout to figure out where I’m supposed to find
phx:set-theme. I’ve looked both inassets/js/app.jsandpriv/static/assets/js/app.js.All I want to do is have the “system” option respect the user’s desktop setting. An alternative would be to remove the system button altogether. What happens if you use a window manager like WindowMaker or blackbox? Does they even allow you to decide between light/dark theme? And if it doesn’t, maybe the system option isn’t such a great idea.
I realize this is more of a tailwind issue than a Phoenix one. I was just hoping somebody noticed this and had a quick explanation and/or a fix.
LostKobrakai
The event listener is defined inline in root.html.heex by default. This is to prevent wrongly styling content while js initializes async. Also the theme setup of daisy ui is about supporting arbitrary themes, not just darkmode/lightmode. You can customize how your themes behave in you app.css. All phoenix does is set a theme name.
lcabrini
Thanks, now I get it a bit better. However, I might not understand what the “system” theme is supposed to be. For now, I’m just going to remove it from the selector.