Silent-Wraith01
What other databases work with Phoenix Framework besides PostgreSQL and I know about MySQL, MySQL lite, MongoDB.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
AstonJ
Many people will say just use Postgres, but MySQL/MariaDB are often used too. However if you’re asking this because of the problem in your dev environment on the computer you were given, then I would suggest considering reformatting it and starting from scratch so you can be sure everything is set-up correctly. Just be sure to back up all of you important files first and read up on it before starting.
Alternatively you may want to read up on some Elixir dev env set-up guides for Linux, I posted my macOS guide in your other thread: https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/how-to-set-up-elixir-dev-environment-on-linux/73708/7?u=astonj
ostap
SQLite.
If you decide to run it in production, enable WAL mode and Litestream.io for backups.
Can be convenient for single-node setups and side-projects because of no maintenance.
dimitarvp
Yep, SQLite. Expect news on this forum about this.
Soon
.
acrolink
I prefer using PostgreSQL.
Silent-Wraith01
So my choices are either reformat my computer or use SQL lite.
dimitarvp
How do you get to these conclusions?
You have many choices.
Silent-Wraith01
I have come to this conclusion because I am having problems with my asdf apparently and it’s looking like I have to reformat my OS as I use Linux.
ostap
I’m pretty sure asdf installs itself on a per-user basis. You can probably get away with making a new user.
They also have an uninstall guide:
If it’s for Postgres, there are many other ways to get it. I.e
apt-get installon Debian/Ubuntu or a Docker container you could run.Silent-Wraith01
You’re suggesting that I make a new user and see if that fixes my problem instead of reformatting my laptop
NobbZ
I am not sure if a new user would fix your problems, neither am I sure a reinstallation would.
You got a preconfigured system, without any support on how to actually use it. If the person who has set this up for you, is not available to explain the different things to you, then a reinstallation might solve some of your problems, but also create new ones.
In my opinion, you should get the person who set this up for you and ask for explanations. Or at least find someone in the neighborhood who has some experience in using Linux and some of the tooling to help you fix this. Here is a lot of opportunity to learn.
Though to get a little bit back to topic.
I do not think the question should be, whether there are databases that work well with phoenix (as the relevant library is ecto) but instead, you should ask, among this 5ish available, which one has the features I will need for the final product?