DaAnalyst
Seriously, what do you do while Claude (or whatever you use) is doing its thing?
Trending in AI / LLMs
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly)
AI dream has many faces, but general...
New
I like to find performance optimizations and hidden bugs in Elixir codebases with coding agents.
If I just ask them directly to find tho...
New
Hey everyone,
We’re a tiny dev team, and we wanted to share something we’ve been building and dogfooding internally for months: Synapse ...
New
So I’ve got this RAG project called Cake that I’ve been working on a good long while. For this topic, the RAG part is less important than...
New
AI tools and services seem to be the new JS framework - with new ones popping up every 5 minutes - hence it might be worth posting one of...
New
Anthropic: Launching an opt-in vulnerability-finding service for open-source software
We’re launching OSS Scanner, an opt-in vulnerabil...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
krasenyp
Obligatory XKCD:
https://xkcd.com/303/
lud
The main problem to me is that you do not always know if you are going to wait for 1 minute or 10. That can be very annoying. On good sessions though the back and forth is relatively stable, but too short to really invest your brain in something else and too slow to just stare at your screen.
And context switching is tiring, so if I can I write specs for the next prompt / next task, otherwise I just surf the web. You can also review the code as it is edited to save time.
mudasobwa
I carefully look over her shoulder to read all the thinking outcome. To ① know what the heck do we do, ② be able to interrupt her at any time she’s driving bonkers, and ③ make it easier to CR after everything is done.
mudasobwa
Huh? It’s extremely dangerous to give an LLM tasks you could not accomplish yourself (because you won’t be able to validate the result.) But if you can write the code you probably should know how much time would it take.
So yeah, I always know how long am I to wait (and it’s never 10 mins, there is next to zero chance LLM is able to accomplish such a long task without hidden uncertainties, which will surely shoot her in the foot later.)
lud
No it’s not dangerous if you know what you are doing. It has to read all the specs I wrote, understand the full codebase to make the right changes.
Review is not a problem as I know the codebase very well. (I wrote 80% of it, if not 98% depending on projects).
Admitedly my worse timings were on slow 4g network but still, Claude with high thinking, peak usage and a large codebase can be so slow.
I know how much time I would take to write it, yes.
mudasobwa
I’ve always said that the basic concept of algebra (and indeed of all mathematics) is proportion!
lud
This looks like a nice saying yes, but its not worth much more in this context.
It’s very obvious to me that when you open a codebase (or just started claude) you will take a lot of time to do the most basic feature, whereas when you know the codebase (or claude has many relevant files in context) you will take much less time to do something that is actually more complex than the first task.
lubien
Sometimes I look at my side projects for any small wins, other times I catch up on slack. Mostly talk to friend on WhatsApp (this gives me extra energy to continue with my work day at the cost of my wife thinking I dont work at all.
kip
I had one project this week that Claude, on Sonnet 4.6 high, took 4 days to complete - with no input after the initial prompt. I was surprised it took that long but it did. Not a general purpose project by any means, and it had a formal spec, a conformance test suite and several reference implementations to work from so it really didn’t need me in the loop.
What do I do when it’s doing its thing? Have a few more sessions doing other things!
Or, increasingly, go outside and enjoy the fresh air. And construct something physical, not virtual
f0rest8
I tend to do a combination of [1] follow along with it (though it can start to feel crazy after some time because of how quickly it goes), [2] work on other parts of the project, [3] research or do external marketing work, and [4] step away from the computer to be present in other areas of my life.
I’ve noticed the most gains in quality from Opus 4.6 (and 4.7 is a bit shaky at times —> either being spot on or quite sloppy, and I did read that you need to prompt it differently than you would for say 4.6). In Tidewave, I’ve tended toward using 4.7 (except for yesterday it seemed to behave strangely) for fixing specific a11y compliance and 4.6 for less specific coding problems (like working on new features or reviewing things). So, despite the cost, Opus 4.6 has been a positive shift in working with an LLM (kind of like having someone to do the day laboring for you while you architect/manage the work).