samoloth
Hi, recently I’ve discovered Matt Pocock’s skills for AI agents. They look extremely reasonable, especially after hearing his explanations. There is a small catch, however. They have been created with JS/TS in mind, which best practices do not perfectly align with Elixir ones. Have you tried them or do you know any reasonable alternative for Elixir?
Trending in AI / LLMs
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
(I just needed to vent somewhere and LinkedIn is full of hope, or hype, I’m not sure which exactly)
AI dream has many faces, but general...
New
I like to find performance optimizations and hidden bugs in Elixir codebases with coding agents.
If I just ask them directly to find tho...
New
Hey everyone,
We’re a tiny dev team, and we wanted to share something we’ve been building and dogfooding internally for months: Synapse ...
New
So I’ve got this RAG project called Cake that I’ve been working on a good long while. For this topic, the RAG part is less important than...
New
AI tools and services seem to be the new JS framework - with new ones popping up every 5 minutes - hence it might be worth posting one of...
New
Anthropic: Launching an opt-in vulnerability-finding service for open-source software
We’re launching OSS Scanner, an opt-in vulnerabil...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
samoloth
I came across obra/superpowers which seem quite similar to Matt’s skills in some extent (especially
brainstormingandtest-driven-development). However they both seem to be “unstructured” - I know that Matt has made a skill for creating PRDs, but that’s where spec-kit, openspec and other SDD frameworks are interesting. Is there anybody who has some experience with such approach?arcanemachine
Here’s my hot take: Build your own skills. Don’t waste your time bloating your context window with a bunch of junk you don’t need, made by someone who isn’t you and doesn’t have the same workflow as you.
Here’s my process:
dimitarvp
Yep, I wondered how I’d articulate this and you did it much better.
My approach with Claude Opus was basically: work with the agent and keep your eyes open. Now I have a really good harness where almost every single project quirk is addressed and the agent knows what to pay attention to, what it can glance and just move on, and what is a persistent danger that we must both always watch out for.
I reviewed those set of skills and generally I like them but they are not an end-all be-all. Same for a few others, including a guy I very much liked and worked with; they are good but nothing ground-breaking.
And the bespoke approach proved itself even more valuable after I started using Opus for my OSS work (deep into the pre-release work there, though it could still be months) – just find what the agent regularly trips on, add hooks and/or skills, monitor if it now does well, rinse and repeat.
sergio
I added these to my project:
It’s built for Claude, but I just copied over the markdown files in the agents and skills folder. They work great and have lots of eyes on it so anything crazy I imagine would get fixed by the swarm of people.
I use this with Opencode and Kimi K2.7 Code and GLM 5.2 works great!
dimitarvp
No timestamp types with microsecond precision?
fuelen
I think the swarm that’s supposed to fix those skills is actually trying to tell you to write the skills by yourself.
I’ve only briefly checked the repo and in general those skills are written as if Elixir and popular libs were unknown to LLMs. Well, maybe that makes sense for the models you use, I don’t know, I have never used them. But Claude knows about the modules of my open-source library that is way less popular than Ecto and Elixir