lawik
Nerves Core Team
I’m trying to put ex_nvr on Nerves. Saw someone else try that a while back. I think I get everything but the WebRTC parts of Membrane compiling.
I was building using this branch (to add media libraries): GitHub - lawik/nerves_system_rpi4 at membrane-media · GitHub
This is the example app that doesn’t compile unless I comment out the rtc deps: GitHub - lawik/nerves_membrane_test · GitHub
Since it’s a modified nerves_system_rpi4 the compile is fairly long. I’ll try to get a pre-compiled system in place for download but don’t have it now.
I get this, seems unhappy with the library but it does exist.
/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/opt/ext-toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu/13.2.0/../../../../aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/lib/libei.a when searching for -lei
/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/opt/ext-toolchain/bin/../lib/gcc/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu/13.2.0/../../../../aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lei: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
could not compile dependency :ex_dtls, "mix compile" failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with "mix deps.compile ex_dtls --force", update it with "mix deps.update ex_dtls" or clean it with "mix deps.clean ex_dtls"
==> foobar2
** (Mix) Bundlex: Failed to build the native part of package ex_dtls. Errors may have been logged above.
Make sure that all required packages are properly installed in your system.
Requirements and installation guide may be found in the readme of package ex_dtls.
Returned code: 1
Build script:
(mkdir -p "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj") && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_NIF -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/native.c_5410E45890ABC219767E0EC3BED1CF28E3D95872.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/_generated/nif/native.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_NIF -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/native.c_EAA168AA822A21524D976C585CEB985228B6BF0A.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/native.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_NIF -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/dtls.c_0C08BCA4DB9D85E7538ADA3E550A8E27DBE99D32.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/dtls.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -fPIC -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_NIF -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/dyn_buff.c_92302C7051765367C3E581FDA43F463A75950D80.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/bunch_native/c_src/bunch/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/shmex/c_src/shmex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/nif" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/dyn_buff.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc --sysroot=/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -rdynamic -shared -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native.so" -Wl,--disable-new-dtags,--whole-archive "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/bunch_native/priv/bundlex/lib.a" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/shmex/priv/bundlex/lib.a" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/bunch_native/priv/bundlex/nif/bunch.a" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/shmex/priv/bundlex/nif/shmex.a" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/unifex/priv/bundlex/nif/unifex.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/native.c_5410E45890ABC219767E0EC3BED1CF28E3D95872.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/native.c_EAA168AA822A21524D976C585CEB985228B6BF0A.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/dtls.c_0C08BCA4DB9D85E7538ADA3E550A8E27DBE99D32.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/nif/native_obj/dyn_buff.c_92302C7051765367C3E581FDA43F463A75950D80.o" -lrt -lrt -lpthread -L/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto
) && \
(mkdir -p "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj") && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_CNODE -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/native.c_E32A9D3FEA256B1A8DAED2737033FDB583FAE1B0.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/_generated/cnode/native.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_CNODE -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/native.c_EAA168AA822A21524D976C585CEB985228B6BF0A.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/native.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_CNODE -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/dtls.c_0C08BCA4DB9D85E7538ADA3E550A8E27DBE99D32.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/dtls.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc -mabi=lp64 -fstack-protector-strong -mcpu=cortex-a72 -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe -O2 --sysroot /home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -Wall -Wextra -c -O2 -g -std=c11 -DBUNDLEX_CNODE -I/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/include -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/dyn_buff.c_92302C7051765367C3E581FDA43F463A75950D80.o" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/unifex/c_src/unifex/cnode" -I"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/include" -I"/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/deps/ex_dtls/c_src/ex_dtls/dyn_buff.c"
) && \
(/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/bin/aarch64-nerves-linux-gnu-gcc --sysroot=/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging -o "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native" -Wl,--disable-new-dtags,--whole-archive "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/unifex/priv/bundlex/cnode/unifex.a" -Wl,--no-whole-archive "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/native.c_E32A9D3FEA256B1A8DAED2737033FDB583FAE1B0.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/native.c_EAA168AA822A21524D976C585CEB985228B6BF0A.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/dtls.c_0C08BCA4DB9D85E7538ADA3E550A8E27DBE99D32.o" "/home/lawik/projects/foobar2/_build/rpi4_dev/lib/ex_dtls/priv/bundlex/cnode/native_obj/dyn_buff.c_92302C7051765367C3E581FDA43F463A75950D80.o" -L"/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/host/lib/erlang/usr/lib" -lpthread -lpthread -lpthread -lei -lpthread -L/home/lawik/projects/nerves_systems/o/rpi4/staging/usr/lib -lssl -lcrypto
)
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
mickel8
Looks like a problem with arch incompatibility. E.g. you have libei for 64 bit systems and you try to compile on 32
lawik
Okay, that makes some sense. I’m compiling for ARM and that’s an x86 file. But it seems like a problem somewhere that it would try that. I suppose the library might be needed in the system after all then.
lawik
There doesn’t seem to be a
libeiavailable in buildroot so I guess I’m stuck removing the RTC parts for now.mickel8
Unfortunately, I have no experience in cross-compilation and Nerves so I may not be able to help without deeper dive into the problem