garrison
Still trying to write shorter posts. Did better this time. Most here probably know this stuff but it’s still good to write things like this down.
Trending in Blog Posts
Up until then, I found it very hard to communicate to LLMs that I specifically do not want to handle X case because maybe it has never ha...
New
The words are insufficient to describe what transpired. What we tried to do met what the people wanted it to be. It became beautiful.
Th...
New
Hi all,
I’ve built a small demo app to understand what an “AI agent” actually is under the hood, and to show it with Elixir’s own tools ...
New
In Elixir, send/2 is non-blocking, which means an eager producer can easily flood a slow consumer’s mailbox. Because BEAM process mailbox...
New
Secure boot and a verified root filesystem on an STM32MP157F-DK2 - with Nerves of course
Four links of an authenticated boot chain on an ...
New
An automated trigger fired every two minutes for 8 hours. 243 agent runs. 31M tokens. $63 wasted. The problem: nobody noticed until morni...
New
A backtest worker and a live trading node had to share one broker rate limit and one set of OAuth tokens, and both only work if there’s e...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Asd
Good post. One thing I noted is that
persistent_termcopy on write is the least problem of writing. Rewriting or deleting an entry inpersistent_termtriggers global garbage collection (global as in “in every process”). Since the data is not copied on read, processes store pointers to this data directly, not in their heap, but in this persistent_term storage. So when you change the entry, each process needs to copy the old value from the persistent term into their heap and replace the pointer to the heap one.adamu
My experience reading this was:
Beginning: haha cute, this is aimed at newbies.
End: oh, really? I need to do more reading.