Richardm

Richardm

Hi,

I’m getting the following error when running mix release: ** (Mix) Could not load ssl.app. Reason: :enoent

I’m running on Fedora 42 if that helps?

Richard

Showing Posts 1 to 3

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Sharing Erlang + Elixir versions will help, as will telling us if you have OpenSSL’s libraries installed as well.

daiagi

daiagi

Also running on Fedora 42 and encountered this today
No mix.exs changes helped me, but using asdf-managed Erlang/Elixir instead of the system one did:

asdf install erlang 26.2.5
asdf install elixir 1.17.3-otp-26
asdf local erlang 26.2.5
asdf local elixir 1.17.3-otp-26

This is with the versions I use, plug in whatever version you need

chirality

chirality

Same thing here, no ssl on Fedora 43 when running mix release

iex(1)> Mix.Tasks.Release.run([])
** (Mix.Error) Could not load ssl.app. Reason: :enoent

elixir -v

Erlang/OTP 26 [erts-14.2.5.14 [source] [64-bit] [smp:12:12 [ds:12:12:10] [async-threads:1 [jit:ns]

Elixir 1.19.5 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 26)

dnf list --installed | grep -e ‘erlang’ -e ‘elixir’

elixir.x86_64                                      1.19.5-4.fc43                        updates
erlang.x86_64                                      26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-asn1.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-common_test.x86_64                          26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-compiler.x86_64                             26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-crypto.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-debugger.x86_64                             26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-dialyzer.x86_64                             26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-diameter.x86_64                             26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-doc.x86_64                                  26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-edoc.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-eldap.x86_64                                26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-erl_docgen.x86_64                           26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-erl_interface.x86_64                        26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-erts.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-et.x86_64                                   26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-eunit.x86_64                                26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-ftp.x86_64                                  26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-inets.x86_64                                26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-jinterface.x86_64                           26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-kernel.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-megaco.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-mnesia.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-observer.x86_64                             26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-odbc.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-os_mon.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-parsetools.x86_64                           26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-public_key.x86_64                           26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-reltool.x86_64                              26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-runtime_tools.x86_64                        26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-sasl.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-snmp.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-src.x86_64                                  26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-ssh.x86_64                                  26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-ssl.x86_64                                  26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-stdlib.x86_64                               26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-syntax_tools.x86_64                         26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-tftp.x86_64                                 26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-tools.x86_64                                26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-wx.x86_64                                   26.2.5.20-1.fc43                     
erlang-xmerl.x86_64                                26.2.5.20-1.fc43   

I really really want to avoid asdf, I think I will do a docker build if there’s no other options.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews