ziopio

ziopio

GRiSP for Elixir

GRiSP support for Elixir has undergone huge renovations.
Until now, GRiSP has been focused primarly on Erlang, we always supported Elixir but we never invested much for the Elixir community.
This meant that our integrations with mix were minimal, and not well maintained.
We wanted to change that, and so we finally did!
GRiSP never got a proper announcement in this forum and this is the proper time to do so.

What is GRiSP?

GRiSP is an embedded system that allows you to run BEAM directly on bare metal or on Linux. Our hardware is also supported by Nerves!
Our main evaluation board is the GRiSP2, check it out!
We are also running an IoT Platform called GRiSP.io that allows our users to manage their devices remotely.

New support for Elixir:

  • Renovated mix_grisp plugin that has been extended with all features ported from rebar3_grisp. There are no more limitations now for who chooses to work with Elixir.

  • A grisp_new mix archive that you can install to easely get you started on a GRiSP project

  • We also introduced a new mix plugin: mix_grisp_io that allows you to upload your software packages to GRiSP.io and remotely update your board.

  • We made a fun website to configure a ready-to-deploy GRiSP project: https://new.grisp.io

New GRiSP2 owners ?

New Infrastructure:

  • Arm32 BEAM JIT running Elixir 1.20 on OTP 29 with RTEMS on GRiSP2.
    This is the FIRST out-of-the-box arm32 beam-jit integration in an embedded distribution!
  • New toolchain with 2X CPU boost (we doubled the operating clock speed on our GRiSP2 board :wink: )
    The new CPU clock update and the addition of the JIT gave us a 4X multiplier on Erlang ESTONE benchmark, which counts also for Elixir.

It has never been easier to work with Elixir on GRiSP2!
GRISP2 boards can be bought at the shop, if you already own one we would love to hear from you. Check our new tools and the new GRiSP.io platform!
For any question or feedback you can reach us here, in the erlang forum or via email: grisp@stritzinger.com. The fastes way is to write in the # grisp channel on the Erlang slack → erlanger.slack.com.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

Alex66

Alex66

Seems like a good idea :slight_smile:

Best,

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews