hariharasudhan94
How can i add changeset errors from Controller when i am trying to add error like follow
Ecto.Changeset.add_error(changeset, :old_password, "invalid current password")
render conn, "password_new.html", changeset: %{changeset | action: :insert}
error will updated in changeset.errors,
#Ecto.Changeset<action: nil, changes: %{password1: "44", password2: "44", old_password: "xxxx"}, errors: [], data: #XXXX.Password<>, valid?: true>
what mistake i made here?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
wmnnd
Data is immutable in Elixir. This is why
Ecto.Changeset.add_error/4returns a new changeset that you need use further on:Elixir does allow the rebinding of variables so you can also write it like this:
hariharasudhan94
@wmnnd Thank u so much, that solved the issue,but i am not clear about immutable, can u please explain with the example if possible??
NobbZ
Well. Things beeing immutable, means basically that you can’t change them after creation.
So, whenever you wan’t to transform data, you have to assign the new blob of data or pass it further down the chain using a pipe (
|>). If you do not do that, the last result will be “forgotten” immediately as in your first version.Now elixir does allow to “rebind” names, so by doing
var = 1; var = var + 1it sometimes seems that my above statement isn’t true. But what really happens is, that this compiles to some code similar to this:var1 = 1; var2 = var1 + 1.hariharasudhan94
@NobbZ thank u so much for the valuable note