popotte
Hello ![]()
I have a problem with brod, I try to create a topic from brod :
use GenServer
def start_link do
GenServer.start_link(__MODULE__, :ok, name: __MODULE__)
end
@impl true
def init(:ok) do
case :brod.start_client([{"localhost", 9092}], :kafka_client, []) do
:ok -> {:ok, nil}
{:ok, _client_id} -> {:ok, nil}
{:error, _reason} = error -> error
end
end
def create_topic(topic_name) do
:brod.create_topics(
:kafka_client,
[
%{
topic: topic_name,
num_partitions: 3,
replication_factor: 3,
replica_assignment: [],
config_entries: [
%{
config_name: "retention.ms",
config_value: "-1"
}
]
}
],
timeout: 30_000,
validate_only: false
)
end
But I get this error :
[error] GenServer #PID<0.1145.0> terminating
** (stop) {:bad_generator, :kafka_client}
(kafka_protocol 4.1.10) /home/shared/development/cyberbotz/projects/from-boilerplate/petal/botz_platform/deps/kafka_protocol/src/kpro_brokers.erl:317: :kpro_brokers."-random_order/1-lc$^0/1-0-"/1
(kafka_protocol 4.1.10) /home/shared/development/cyberbotz/projects/from-boilerplate/petal/botz_platform/deps/kafka_protocol/src/kpro_brokers.erl:317: :kpro_brokers.random_order/1
(kafka_protocol 4.1.10) /home/shared/development/cyberbotz/projects/from-boilerplate/petal/botz_platform/deps/kafka_protocol/src/kpro_brokers.erl:48: :kpro_brokers.connect_any/2
(kafka_protocol 4.1.10) /home/shared/development/cyberbotz/projects/from-boilerplate/petal/botz_platform/deps/kafka_protocol/src/kpro_lib.erl:393: :kpro_lib.do_ok_pipe/1
(kafka_protocol 4.1.10) /home/shared/development/cyberbotz/projects/from-boilerplate/petal/botz_platform/deps/kafka_protocol/src/kpro_lib.erl:304: anonymous fn/3 in :kpro_lib.with_timeout/2
Anyone know what I have to do?
Thanks ![]()
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex









