script
In the mix ecto.migrate docs there is a command line option --migrations-path. I tried it like this in my project
mix ecto.migrate --migrations-path "priv/repo/migrations". But it returns error
** (Mix) Could not invoke task "ecto.migrate": 1 error found!
--migrations-path : Unknown option
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
What is your version of
ecto_sqlaccording to yourmix.lock?First mention of that option is in the docs of 3.1.3.
script
ecto_sql: 3.1.1
NobbZ
Then you probably need to unlock and update your version of
ecto_sqlscript
Thanks for pointing this out . It works . Now I am trying to run migrations from another umbrella app . like this:
But it gives me this error:
I am following this thread:
I have single repo and migrations in two different umbrella apps.
https://forum.elixirforum.com/t/how-to-run-migrations-of-another-app-from-main-app/23444/10
Thanks.
NobbZ
Relative to where? And where in the filesystem do you run that command? Please use proper pathes here, not any obfuscations. Perhaps replace appnames with stubs, but make sure the regular umbrella structure is preserved when doing so, that we can understand what you are actually doing.
script
I run this command inside the umbrella app which contains the Repo. This is the relative path:
All the umbrella apps are inside the app directory. If i Provide the absolute path
volumes/projects/apps/al/priv/repo/migrationsit saysalready up. But no migrations will run.I don’t have any config settings in the
alapp.script
It seems to be working after dropping the database and creating again and then running the mix migrate command for the second app which doesn’t have a repo.
But it won’t work if i run the main app migrations first and then run the migrations from the other app(which don’t have repo). It returns
already_up.NobbZ
So you are running from inside an app, but specifiying the path relative to the umbrella project? That shouldn’t work…
Either specify a path relative to your current working dir or an absolute one.
script
Yes its working for absolute path but only if run the migrations from the second app first(which doesn’t have repo). But it gives me
Already upconsole message if I run this after the main app migrations(which is what I need).Phillipp
How are the migrations of both apps named? And can you successfully migrate the main app after the second app?
I guess the migrations table holds the name of the migration (either module or filename, I don’t know right now) and if the migrations in both apps are named the same way it thinks they are already migrated.
I haven’t worked with Elixir and a database in a long time, so this is just a wild guess.