frm-adiputra
Index route with pagination (not in a relationship route) did not include pagination metada (limit and offset). Even if I set countable to true, it only include total metadata. Am I missing something?
This is the example resource.
# The resource
defmodule Project do
json_api do
type "project"
routes do
base "/projects"
index :read, primary?: true
end
end
actions do
defaults [:destroy, create: :*, update: :*]
read :read do
primary? true
pagination do
offset? true
default_limit 10
countable true
max_page_size 100
paginate_by_default? true
end
end
end
attributes do
uuid_primary_key :id
attribute :name, :string, public?: true, allow_nil?: false
attribute :description, :string, public?: true, allow_nil?: false
timestamps()
end
end
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
zachdaniel
Can you show me the full request you made and the response you got?
frm-adiputra
I’m doing the request from test, the code below
And the response
zachdaniel
Ah, yeah the total and limit aren’t passed back as metadata, they are only present in the links.
frm-adiputra
Should I open an issue?
zachdaniel
I don’t think it’s really necessary to have that metadata. It was just sent to us by the person making the request, and appears in the links to fetch the next page etc.
frm-adiputra
I’ve read the docs although it is for paginated relationships. In the response format it says the metadata is included. Maybe it should be clear that it is not for non-relationships pagination?
frm-adiputra
FYI, I’m currently trying out Ash for use in my organization. And I want to make sure my co-workers are interested in using it. They’re beginners, and I think if they encounter any obstacles, they’ll refuse to use it.
However, I’m confident that using Ash will make long-term maintenance easier for them. I just need to get them interested in using it.
zachdaniel
Ah, yeah so we must be including it for paginated relationships. We might as well include them in the parent pagination metadata as well if we are there. Please open an issue
frm-adiputra
frm-adiputra
Woww, that was fast… thank you very much