script

script

I am using absinthe in the project, and I am not that well-versed with Graphql. Recently, I am getting this error in the playground and schema is not generating.

Request: POST //graphql/graphiql
** (exit) an exception was raised:
** (UndefinedFunctionError) function nil.name/0 is undefined
    nil.name()
    (absinthe 1.6.7) lib/absinthe/type/built_ins/introspection.ex:349: Absinthe.Type.BuiltIns.Introspection.render_default_value/4
    (elixir 1.10.4) lib/enum.ex:1396: Enum."-map/2-lists^map/1-0-"/2
    (elixir 1.10.4) lib/enum.ex:1396: Enum."-map/2-lists^map/1-0-"/2
    (absinthe 1.6.7) lib/absinthe/type/built_ins/introspection.ex:333: Absinthe.Type.BuiltIns.Introspection.render_default_value/4

If I run mix absinthe.schema.json --schema SupertrendsWeb.GraphQL.Schema, it gives the same thing and there isn’t much in the error to debug.
Could anyone please suggest how to debug this issue?
@benwilson512
Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 4

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

Based on that stacktrace, I’d guess there’s a misconfigured Enum someplace that’s crashing in render_default_value:

https://github.com/absinthe-graphql/absinthe/blob/646caddbe04624b1c8dfd41903e2040d6180dbbe/lib/absinthe/type/built_ins/introspection.ex#L347-L353

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Yeah that looks like a good theory. @script is there anywhere in your schema where you are using an enum type as a field value with a default ?

script

script OP

Hi @benwilson512 , thank you for your reply, yes , there are couple of enums I have been using in the code, but to exactly figure out which one was wrong was time taking, so I put inspect statements in the introspection.ex file, and figure out the exact enums I need to change, there are a couple of them, and it’s working fine now :slight_smile:

script

script OP

Thank you for your suggestion, indeed that was the issue. Appreciate your prompt response, :slight_smile:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews