roflbobl

roflbobl

How do I from a sticky child liveview, bubble up my put_flash to the containing liveview, so I can display flashes??

Showing Posts 1 to 5

jeroenbourgois

jeroenbourgois

You can just send a message to the parent and handle it there:

# in child
pid = self() # or the pid of the parent, I use self since I used this tech in a LV component setup
send(pid, {:update_flash, :error, "foo"})

# in parent
def handle_info({:update_flash, type, msg}, socket) do
  {:noreply, put_flash(socket, type, msg)}
end
LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

That doesn’t work for sticky liveviews though. The sticky LV is both a child LV of the root, but also has no root_pid, because it sticks around while the root LV changes.

FlyingNoodle

FlyingNoodle

You could do it via JS hooks I think but that feels hacky.

jeroenbourgois

jeroenbourgois

Ok, fair enough, I know nothing about sticky LiveView stuff :slight_smile: then you could send the message over pubsub. Bit more cumbersome bit I can image that would work.

roflbobl

roflbobl OP

I can parse down the parent pid and that way have a target

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews