driv3r

driv3r

Hi,

I’ve created ConfigExt lib for handling some common case scenarios when working with configuration.

Reasoning:

I’ve been looking for some lib that correctly handles {:system, "VAR"} and a more robust options like for example executing a function on runtime. So far there were only some gists for copy/paste, so I’ve wrapped them plus I’ve also added pattern for function execution, i.e. like

System.put_env "BAR", "baz"
defmodule MyApp do
  def meta, do: [foo: System.get_env("BAR"), env: "staging"]
end

config :logger, metadata: {:function, MyApp, :meta}

ConfigExt.fetch_env :logger, :metadata
# => [foo:  "baz", env: "staging"]

Let me know what do you think. (personally I would rather see it as part of elixir Application module rather than a separate lib)

Showing Posts 1 to 1

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Nice features! I like how you can define the environment default in the config too! And runtime function call is awesome.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews