arcanemachine
Just wondering since the knowledge cutoff for LLMs is about a year or so behind the current date.
It would be nice if the models were able to know how to use the type annotation syntax when it comes out, instead of having to wait until they are properly trained on enough material to be able to use it.
I’m sure there are ways to seed their knowledge when they have to use it, but I feel like the sooner the info is made public, the better.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
josevalim
Short answer is no. I cover our current status in my recent ElixirConf EU keynote. Feel free to skip to the end of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-gnCqDw9o (starting from the Elixir v1.20 slide).
arcanemachine
Thanks for the reply. Obviously it will be ready when it’s ready, and we can use a skill or some kind of prompt to seed the typing syntax into the context in the interim if everything comes too quickly. Just had to satisfy the burning curiosity!
dimitarvp
I was thinking of starting to use
Typleonce Elixir 1.20 lands to that same effect that you described.sodapopcan
I’d pay money to become a fly on the wall listening to you and Chris talk about LLMs. But not too much money because I assume for the procedure to turn myself into a fly and back would already be pretty costly.
andreashasse
New revenue stream for the type system development?
manhvu
I’m trying to build AOT compilation for BEAM bytecode. It sounds interesting if we can bring this to a lower level to reduce type checking.
nathanl
https://fly.io/pricing/ doesn’t look too bad
sodapopcan
I’m also realizing my comment sounds extra weird to anyone who didn’t watch the talk. I watched the talk via José’s the link then came right back to this thread, apparently feeling I had never left!