f0rest8
I just wanted to give a shout out to the update I noticed on hex.pm. I love the snapshot of the Readme section and overall updated UI. Thank you and really appreciate the service and work ![]()
Trending in Discussions
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Lately I’ve been thinking about how to organize components as a LiveView application grows. One of the pain points I’ve found (for myself...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Emily is an Elixir library that runs Nx computations on Apple’s MLX. Install it as the default Nx backend and Nx, defn, Axon, Nx.Serving,...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ChaseGilliam
Yeah they really put a lot of work in Website redesign by ericmj · Pull Request #1450 · hexpm/hexpm · GitHub
sodapopcan
Oh ya, this looks great! Kudos to those involved.
The only thing that pokes out to me is the github icon. I feel it should be the generic
</>icon like in hexdocs.manhvu
I love the new design of Hex.pm
But it would be better if the README.md could show a small preview and be expandable so users can view the full content if needed.
Benjamin-Philip
Kudos to @ericmj. He’s done an excellent job.
However, I do wish he’s a bit more open for his roadmap for Hexpm. There’s an entire community that’s eager to pitch in. Make use of that!
pertsevds
Wow. New site looks cool. Great job.
gtcode
Does hex need a successor feature, like github? Turns out github has one, which is great. But if a package maintainer becomes unavailable, this might be helpful.
arcanemachine
There is a process by which you can email support@hex.pm and CC the package’s maintainers to request that they transfer ownership to you, and if they don’t respond within a given timeframe, then you can be added as a maintainer. (I might be off on a couple of the details, but it’s something like that.)
This feature does not appear to be documented anywhere, as far as I can tell.
LostKobrakai
rhcarvalho
Kudos to everyone that worked on this for the past months (years?)! Happy to see it land!
Unfortunately the PR mentioned earlier doesn’t have a description, but I recall there’s been an open discussion for some years: New HexDocs home page · Issue #49 · hexpm/hexdocs · GitHub
It started with a revamp on ex_doc and HexDocs, and if I’m not mistaken the Hex.pm updates are a direct result of that work.
Indeed! I filed Proposal: generic icon on link to source-code, same as HexDocs · Issue #1475 · hexpm/hexpm · GitHub.