ohmyohmyohmy

ohmyohmyohmy

I have an SQLite query I’d like to perform using Ecto:

select * from testtable where text like ‘%hel%’;

Checking Ecto.Adapters.SQLite3 — Ecto SQLite3 v0.24.1 seems to imply there’s support for case insensitive searches by the default of case_sensitive_like being off, but when I try a query with like, it tells me it is not supported:

    query =
      from p in My.Custom.Schema,
        where: ilike(p.text, "hel"),
        select: p

(Ecto.QueryError) ilike is not supported by SQLite3 in query:

What’s the correct way to get what I want, or is it not possible? Thanks

Showing Posts 1 to 1

ohmyohmyohmy

ohmyohmyohmy OP

I think I answered my own question. Don’t use ilike/2. Use like/2. So, the correct way is

  query =
      from p in My.Custom.Schema,
        where: like(p.text, "%hel%"),
        select: p
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews