lungarella-raffaele
Hi all, I am writing Elixir using Zed. Often times I like to “Go to definition” on standard libraries code and check out documentation and implementation comfortably from my editor. For example checking the code and docs of the Agent module. I can see the documentation from hovering, but I want to reach the actual code.
I can’t do this using Elixir’s lsps though. Is there something I need to configure?
I installed Elixir using brew and tried elixir-ls and expert.
I know I can find this code in my system and open it with Zed. But it’s much quicker to go there from the code I am writing.
Trending in Dev Env & Tools
I have really enjoyed dialing in a set of static analysis tools and skills that help me help LLMs write better code. One gap I haven’t se...
New
Curious whether anyone is taking any specific precautions, such as creating new non-administrative user-accounts and then simply copying ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
Elixir is often installed precompiled, so you do not have sources on your machine at all. Afaik LSPs have means of providing sources out of band or you could look into options of compiling elixir from source.
lungarella-raffaele
Thanks! I compiled elixir from source and it works just fine!