anuvrat

anuvrat

I’m getting this error on OSX while trying to install bumblebee via livebook.

==> exla

c++ -fPIC -I/opt/homebrew/Cellar/erlang/26.0.2/lib/erlang/erts-14.0.2/include -Icache/xla_extension/include -O3 -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-comment -shared -std=c++17 -w -DLLVM_VERSION_STRING= c_src/exla/exla.cc c_src/exla/exla_nif_util.cc c_src/exla/exla_client.cc -o cache/libexla.so -Lcache/xla_extension/lib -lxla_extension -flat_namespace -undefined suppress

ld: library not found for -lc++abi

clang-11: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

make: *** [cache/libexla.so] Error 1

could not compile dependency :exla, “mix compile” failed. Errors may have been logged above. You can recompile this dependency with “mix deps.compile exla --force”, update it with “mix deps.update exla” or clean it with “mix deps.clean exla”

This is the code snippet in the livebook:

Mix.install([
  {:bumblebee, "~> 0.4.2"},
  {:nx, "~> 0.6.1"},
  {:exla, "~> 0.6.1"},
  {:axon, "~> 0.6.0"},
  {:kino, "~> 0.10.0"}
])

Nx.global_default_backend(EXLA.Backend)

gcc and make are present on the system.

➜  ~ gcc --version                                                                                                   ~
Apple clang version 14.0.3 (clang-1403.0.22.14.1)
Target: arm64-apple-darwin22.5.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin
➜  ~ make --version                                                                                                  ~
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0
➜  ~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         ~

Showing Posts 1 to 1

jonatanklosko

jonatanklosko

Creator of Livebook

This looks weird, the error says “clang-11”, but you do have clang 14. You can check c++ --version to be sure, since that’s what gets invoked. One thing try is reinstalling xcode tools.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews