Problems to get burrito running on MacOS

Hello,

I wanted to try out the super cool GitHub - burrito-elixir/burrito: Wrap your application in a BEAM Burrito! lib.
Unfortunately, I have some problems getting the included sample project to work.

Probably the problem is with my zip installation.
The .tool-versions in the repo gives zip master, but later in the README it says “master/nightly - we do not support 0.8.0”. I have already tried other versions of zip, but without success.

With the given .tool-versions I’m getting the following error:

./src/archiver.zig:214:50: error: no member named 'acquire' in struct 'std.Thread.Mutex'
    const stderrLock = std.debug.getStderrMutex().acquire();
                                                 ^
./src/archiver.zig:90:23: note: called from here
            direct_log("\rinfo: 🔍 Files Packed: {}", .{count});
                      ^
./src/archiver.zig:44:81: note: called from here
pub fn pack_directory(path: []const u8, archive_path: []const u8) anyerror!void {
                                                                                ^
./src/archiver.zig:214:50: error: no member named 'acquire' in struct 'std.Thread.Mutex'
    const stderrLock = std.debug.getStderrMutex().acquire();
                                                 ^
./src/archiver.zig:93:15: note: called from here
    direct_log("\n", .{});
              ^
./src/archiver.zig:44:81: note: called from here
pub fn pack_directory(path: []const u8, archive_path: []const u8) anyerror!void {

Maybe one of you had the same problem or has an idea what I am doing wrong.

Greets,
Felix

It looks like the API for zig’s Mutex in the standard library renamed it’s function from acquire to tryLock. This is pretty recent since I know in 0.8.1 it was “acquire”. Maybe roll back to 0.8.1?

Pre-1.0 semver, lol

3 Likes

Thanks for giving burrito a try! We’ve fixed the incompatibility in Zig changed the method names for locking/unlocking mutexes by ashea-code · Pull Request #23 · burrito-elixir/burrito · GitHub. Hopefully we’ll be able to lock down to the 0.9.0 version of Zig when that is released.

3 Likes

Thanks, @bsedat for such a fast fix.

1 Like

Woot awesome job @bsedat