fklement
Hello,
I wanted to try out the super cool GitHub - burrito-elixir/burrito: Wrap your application in a BEAM Burrito! · GitHub lib.
Unfortunately, I have some problems getting the included sample project to work.
Probably the problem is with my zip installation.
The .tool-versions in the repo gives zip master, but later in the README it says “master/nightly - we do not support 0.8.0”. I have already tried other versions of zip, but without success.
With the given .tool-versions I’m getting the following error:
./src/archiver.zig:214:50: error: no member named 'acquire' in struct 'std.Thread.Mutex'
const stderrLock = std.debug.getStderrMutex().acquire();
^
./src/archiver.zig:90:23: note: called from here
direct_log("\rinfo: 🔍 Files Packed: {}", .{count});
^
./src/archiver.zig:44:81: note: called from here
pub fn pack_directory(path: []const u8, archive_path: []const u8) anyerror!void {
^
./src/archiver.zig:214:50: error: no member named 'acquire' in struct 'std.Thread.Mutex'
const stderrLock = std.debug.getStderrMutex().acquire();
^
./src/archiver.zig:93:15: note: called from here
direct_log("\n", .{});
^
./src/archiver.zig:44:81: note: called from here
pub fn pack_directory(path: []const u8, archive_path: []const u8) anyerror!void {
Maybe one of you had the same problem or has an idea what I am doing wrong.
Greets,
Felix
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone.
My team and I have been working on a fairly modest app based around video streaming and chat, but we’ve landed a customer t...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #ai
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ityonemo
It looks like the API for zig’s Mutex in the standard library renamed it’s function from acquire to tryLock. This is pretty recent since I know in 0.8.1 it was “acquire”. Maybe roll back to 0.8.1?
Pre-1.0 semver, lol
bsedat
Thanks for giving burrito a try! We’ve fixed the incompatibility in Zig changed the method names for locking/unlocking mutexes by ashea-code · Pull Request #23 · burrito-elixir/burrito · GitHub. Hopefully we’ll be able to lock down to the 0.9.0 version of Zig when that is released.
fklement
Thanks, @bsedat for such a fast fix.
ityonemo
Woot awesome job @bsedat