nickwdm

nickwdm

Hello, I have a question regarding how phoenix_swagger mentions in their docs that one can have multiple routers as in the following code:
config :my_app, :phoenix_swagger,
swagger_files: %{
“booking-api.json” => [router: MyApp.BookingRouter],
“reports-api.json” => [router: MyApp.ReportsRouter]
}
I am able to indeed generate 2 separate swaggers for 2 routers, but I cannot find anywhere in the phoenix documentation how I would have 2 routers under the same endpoint. When I place
plug MyApp.BookingRouter
plug MyApp.ReportsRouter
in endpoint.ex, only one is used.
The question is: how is phoenix_swagger intending this feature to be used?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

idi527

idi527

You would forward from the parent router to a child router. So you would still have a single router plug in endpoint.ex, but it would be able to forward requests to another router plug inside itself.

nickwdm

nickwdm OP

Thanks, that did the trick.

vlad.grb

vlad.grb

I think you can find this post very interesting

The reason why forward is not good (from the doc) option

Note, however, that we don’t advise forwarding to another
endpoint. The reason is that plugs defined by your app
and the forwarded endpoint would be invoked twice, which
may lead to errors.

idi527

idi527

I didn’t suggest forwarding to an endpoint, but to a router. forward is perfectly fine there. match would do the same thing when used to forward to another endpoint.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews