lud

lud

Hello,

I do TDD a lot and so my code, notably my test code, is very often incorrect compared to the current implementation (since the purpose is to then change that implementation, obviously).

The problem is that whenever I run mix test [...], test failures are printed and then the test warnings are printed. When using AI to write more tests it’s a giant waterfall of type warnings. This is bad because when focusing on tests I just have to scroll a lot after each test execution, and that is very often.

Is there a way to enforce test failures being the last thing printed? The "Finished in XX seconds, N failures, N skipped etc. block is still last.

Also I’m not really sure why the current behaviour exists. Warnings supposed to be emitted during compilation (alhough .exs file) and test failures after test execution, so warnings should be before failures (for a same file at least, which is good enough for me).

Erlang/OTP 29 [erts-17.0.2] [source] [64-bit] [smp:12:12] [ds:12:12:10] [async-threads:1] [jit:ns]

Interactive Elixir (1.20.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)

Edit: after a bit of exploration with Claude, it seems this is because my test is async: true and tests are executed whenever a file is compiled whereas warnings are printed when there is no more file in the compilation queue (the “require phase”).

Is there a way to change that?

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews