ElixirConf

ElixirConf

ElixirConf: ElixirConf 2022 - Chris Keele - Match Specs: Fast Functional Filtering with Matcha

Comments welcome! View the elixirconf tag for more ElixirConf talks!

Showing Posts 1 to 8

lud

lud

Why does he keep saying the BEAM is C++ ?

dorgan

dorgan

C++ was added recently and only for the JIT(BeamAsm), the rest of the codebase is pure C: The Road to the JIT - Erlang/OTP

Sebb

Sebb

Java came as a surprise here. Why is that?

D4no0

D4no0

That is Jinterface, it offers utility functionality for communication between java and an erlang node.

christhekeele

christhekeele

lol, I get tounge-tied when presenting sometimes. Referenced C++ at the start of the talk and my mind fixated on it, apparently. Worth clarifying that the BEAM is pure C, nice and simple!

sodapopcan

sodapopcan

Why isn’t it written in Rust?

And why did you present your talk in English? Why not Rust?

:upside_down_face:

This was a great talk, btw. I’m re-watching with the context that you meant C and not C++ as that did stick out to me (even though that is out of my wheelhouse, but I was surprised the first time I watched it that BEAM was in C++).

D4no0

D4no0

If the github is correct, a bigger part of native implementation is in C:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Talks Top

alexslade
This is a thread to organise resources while we wait for official posting of videos. I’ve committed to keeping this post updated, please ...
New
bartblast
This is the follow-up to my ElixirConf EU talk in Malaga, which was mostly about the local-first problem and where sync engines stand on ...
New
CodeSync
The Everything App - Lars Wikman | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class="hashtag-icon-placeholder"><...
New
CodeSync
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash &amp; Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY ...
New
CodeSync
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026 Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
CodeSync
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New Comments...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews