markdev
Has anyone successfully used ex_admin with Phoenix 1.3?
I’ve done the following:
mix phx.new admin_test
cd admin_test/
mix ecto.create
Add ex_admin from github to deps: {:ex_admin, github: "smpallen99/ex_admin"}
Add the config macro:
config :ex_admin,
repo: AdminTest.Repo,
module: AdminTestWeb, # MyProject.Web for phoenix >= 1.3.0-rc
modules: [
AdminTest.ExAdmin.Dashboard,
]
Compile: mix do deps.get, deps.compile
Now to configure ex_admin:
Marks-MBP:admin_test mkaravan$ mix admin.install
** (Mix) Can't find brunch-config.js
Annoying. I can symlink it with ln -s assets/brunch-config.js . . Now when I run admin.install I get this:
Marks-MBP:admin_test mkaravan$ mix admin.install
* creating css files
* creating js files
* updating config/config.exs
** (ArgumentError) application :gettext is not loaded, or the configuration parameter :default_locale is not set
(elixir) lib/application.ex:281: Application.fetch_env!/2
lib/gettext.ex:677: Gettext.dgettext/4
lib/mix/tasks/admin.install.ex:229: Mix.Tasks.Admin.Install.do_dashboard/1
lib/mix/tasks/admin.install.ex:57: Mix.Tasks.Admin.Install.do_install/1
(mix) lib/mix/task.ex:301: Mix.Task.run_task/3
(mix) lib/mix/cli.ex:75: Mix.CLI.run_task/2
Ok, so I add :gettext to the application and give it a config
def application do
[
mod: {AdminTest.Application, []},
extra_applications: [:logger, :runtime_tools, :gettext]
]
end
config :admin_test, AdminTest.Gettext, default_locale: "en_US"
If I run mix admin.install, I get the same error again. Does anyone know where to go from here?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
BartOtten
The author seems to have abandoned the project and is working on a ‘new edition’ called Tafon:
https://github.com/smpallen99/ex_admin/issues/405