Qqwy
TypeCheck Core Team
Hello everyone!
I am trying to configure apache so I can have my Phoenix-Elixir-application running on the same server as some other applications.
The basic request-passing works, but I am having problems with the websocket-connections:
<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/my_app"
ServerName my_app.tld
ServerAlias www.my_app.tld
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass "/" "ws://localhost:4096/" retry=0 timeout=5
ProxyPassReverse "/" "ws://localhost:4096/" my_app.tld
</VirtualHost>
However, this does not properly work. The websocket connections fail, with the following response in the browser console:
WebSocket connection to 'ws://my_app.tld/socket/websocket?vsn=2.0.0' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 400
I don’t know what went wrong, but also not how to debug this: Nothing can be found in the apache log, nor in the Phoenix application log.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
grych
We just had the similar issue opened with Drab, please take a look. Guido resolved it himself, and also wrote the wiki page about it.
Qqwy
Thank you, @grych! The proposed solution there (to add first a set of aliases for
/socket/besides the global ones) indeed seem to work, although I still need to check if this will still allow the fallback behaviour (that uses long-polling rather than websockets for the channel-connections) to work, because my intuition tells me that maybe apache will now also redirect HTTP requests to/socket/to a websocket connection.Thanks!