emmanuelkatto

emmanuelkatto

Hi everyone, I am Emmanuel Katto from Uganda. I’m building a real-time data analytics application using Elixir and Phoenix, and I’m struggling to implement a robust and scalable PubSub system. I’ve read the official Elixir documentation on PubSub, but I’m still having trouble designing a system that can handle high volumes of messages and subscriptions.

I’d like to know if anyone has any best practices or recommendations for implementing a PubSub system in Elixir.

Thanks!
Emmanuel Katto

Showing Posts 1 to 2

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Hi @emmanuelkatto can you elaborate a bit more specifically about your requirements? It would be helpful to understand what about something like Phoenix.PubSub — Phoenix.PubSub v2.2.0 is inadequate. What does “high volumes” mean?

Tyson

Tyson

How do you know it can’t handle high traffic volume? What fails first?

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

AndyL
There’s heavy doomer energy on many of the forum threads. This community has traditionally been optimistic and forward thinking. Now th...
#ai
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews