r00takaspin
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
There is no such a thing.
But you can use
mix test --staleto run all tests that depend on your changed code.In case of failures all tests that were run in the last run will be repeated until you get a successfull run.
sorentwo
This exact feature was added a few weeks ago. In fact, it was added by Myron Marston (who had implemented the behavior in rspec originally).
Here is the PR for the second half https://github.com/elixir-lang/elixir/pull/7373, it is an awesome demonstration of open source collaboration.
NobbZ
But it seems not to be in elixir 1.6.3. I can’t find it in the changelog. Also I wasn’t able to locate the newly added files on the 1.6.3 tag.
sorentwo
Sorry, I should have been clearer. It has hit master, but it hasn’t been released. I believe it is targeted at the 1.7 release. Then again, I had nothing to do with the PR and don’t plan the releases, so take that cum grano salis.
eahanson
I do this with a custom test formatter (a copy of ExUnit.CLIFormatter) that saves the filenames of the failed tests in the
handle_castfunction that deals with test failures.You can get the failed test file and line number from that function by pattern matching:
I add those to the config, and then in
print_suiteI read them out of the config and save them to a file.I then have a mix task called
retestthat runsmix testwith the contents of that file as arguments. Note that when passing multiple test files tomix test, you cannot include line numbers (at least in Elixir 1.5).Then, when I have failures, I just run
retestover and over until I’ve fixed all the failures.tmpduarte
Probably a bit late to the party
.
You can now run only the previously failed tests by running
mix test --failedDocumentation can be found here