blset
Hello,
Having a Task.supervisor under a phoenix app, and using it with Task.supervisor.async_no_link
is there a way to stop the stream from running and restart the supervisor thus killing all tasks (current and coming next from the stream)?
you can get the currently running tasks with SupName.children() but since this is a stream, the children tasks are always moving. How to stop the stream, kill all and reset the supervisor to wait for other tasks ?
thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 8- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
vfsoraki
If you have named your supervisor (see here Task.Supervisor — Elixir v1.12.3), you can use Process — Elixir v1.12.3 to kill that process using its name.
Since it’s already under a supervisor, it will be restarted.
Or if you just want to kill all children, use Task.Supervisor — Elixir v1.12.3 and kill all children, without restarting supervisor.
blset
I have finally found Supervisor.stop( name_of_supervisor)
how would you do it with Process ?
kill all children is not possible since it is a stream
vfsoraki
What do you mean by it’s a stream? What kind of stream? Is it infinite? Does it have some kind of pause/stop?
Streams are a wide topic, by just saying it’s a stream it can mean different things. Finite lists are also kind of streams.
blset
using Task.Supervisor.async_stream_nolink which processes a list of tasks submitted in a streamed way for instance 6 by 6
stefanchrobot
Can you call
Supervisor.stopon it?In general, what are you trying to achieve? What kind of stream of data are you processing? Maybe there’s a different abstraction or package that would fit the job better?
vfsoraki
How do you do this? Where do you get this stream from? Do you use
Streammodule to create a stream, then pass it toTask.Supervisor.async_stream_nolink?What I’ve said was about the stream you give to the
Task.Supervisor.async_stream_nolink, not the one it returns.blset
biglist is a list of records
EmailTaskSupervisor is the name of the Task.Supervisor, children of application
Sender and send_email are the module and the function inside called on each element of biglist
to start the stream of tasks and be able to continue normal process
blset
Supervisor.stop is what I did finally, to restart, I resubmit a stream of remaining tasks that were not executed when I stopped the supervisor