vegabook

vegabook

I’m getting a timeout error in my (10-second or so long-running) grpc call over the internet:

{:error, %GRPC.RPCError{status: 4, message: “Deadline Exceeded”, details: nil}}

Here is the call. I’ve tried, both timeout and deadline, nothing works.

def intradayBarRequest(topic,
chan,
interval \ 60,
start_dtime \ date_back(DateTime.utc_now(), 6, :month),
end_dtime \ DateTime.utc_now()) do
sts = %Google.Protobuf.Timestamp{seconds: start_dtime |> DateTime.to_unix}
dbg(sts, label: :sts)
ets = %Google.Protobuf.Timestamp{seconds: end_dtime |> DateTime.to_unix}
dbg(ets, label: :ets)
tpc = %Bloomberg.IntradayBarRequest{topic: topic, start: sts, end: ets, interval: interval}
dbg(tpc, label: :tpc)
deadline = DateTime.add(DateTime.utc_now(), 60, :second) # 60 seconds
#Bloomberg.Bbg.Stub.intraday_bar_request(chan, tpc, metadata: [timeout: 60])
Bloomberg.Bbg.Stub.intraday_bar_request(chan, tpc, metadata: [deadline: deadline])
end

You can see where I setup the channel here.

Any ideas how to increase deadlines to this doesn’t happen?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

vegabook

vegabook OP

ooops channel link in my previous message broken. Here’s the code:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews