coilardium

coilardium

I have added a unique constraint with the migration below

def up do
    create(unique_index(:tbl_wa_acc_details, [:passport_no, :acc_type_id], name: :unique_acc_with_passport)
  end

  def down do
    drop(index(:tbl_wa_acc_details, [:passport_no, :acc_type_id], name: :unique_acc_with_passport))
  end

and below is part of the schema

 |> multi_validate_format([:mobile, :country_code, :brn_code])
 |> unique_constraint([:passport_no, :acc_type_id], name: :unique_acc_with_passport, message: "already exists")

on insert am getting the error

no function clause matching in Ecto.Changeset.add_constraint/6

what Am I doing wrong??

Showing Posts 1 to 8

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

What is multi_validate_format returning exactly?

coilardium

coilardium OP

def multi_validate_format(changeset, keys) do

    Enum.reduce(keys, changeset, fn field, changeset ->

      validate_format(changeset, field, @number_regex, message: " can't be alphanumeric")

    end)

  end
dimitarvp

dimitarvp

So, can you put an IO.inspect() between these two and paste the output?

coilardium

coilardium OP

   ** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in Ecto.Changeset.add_constraint/6
        (ecto 2.2.12) lib/ecto/changeset.ex:2272: Ecto.Changeset.add_constraint(#Ecto.Changeset<action: nil, changes: %{place_of_birth: "Lusaka", sex: "M", title: "MR", user_id: 1, cust: "INDIV_MI", date_of_birth: "1998-23-04", relation_manager: "JEFF", passport_is_dt: "2002-20-01", last_name: "Tembo", image_id: "202021121", location: "ZM", country_of_birth: "ZM", marital_status: "M", middle_name: "S", nationality: "ZM", tax_id: "44444555555", city: "lusaka province", cust_category: "INDIVIDUAL NONE RESIDENT", uuid: "57b2fab3-088a-4d16-9ad8-b91dd4f2a3e9", region: "LUSAK_PRV", age_range: "30_AND_40", mobile: "964352098", physical_add: "C/O PROBASE", id_type: "NRC", first_name: "Chanda", passport_no: "202021121", emp_status: "P", brn_code: "002", occupation: "ENGINEER", acc_type_id: 1, postal_add: "P.O. Box NM42, Stand 16806", institution: "ENERGY_SE", email: "coilardium@gmail.com"}, errors: [], data: #BulkAccountOpening.BankAccounts.WaAccount<>, valid?: true>, :unique, "unique_acc_with_nrc", :exact, [:id_no, :acc_type_id], {"already exists", []})
`
Sebb

Sebb

we need to see what gets passed into add_constraint().

like so:

iex(1)> 1 |> IO.inspect(label: "this will go into div()") |> div(0)
this will go into div(): 1
** (ArithmeticError) bad argument in arithmetic expression: div(1, 0)
    :erlang.div(1, 0)
al2o3cr

al2o3cr

Passing a list of fields to unique_constraint was added in Ecto 3.4.2 (#3276), your most recent error message says ecto 2.2.12. For that version, unique_constraint takes the name of the field (passport_no, likely in your case) that should get the changeset error when the constraint is violated.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

I said between those two lines though. So the final code should be:

|> multi_validate_format([:mobile, :country_code, :brn_code])
|> IO.inspect(label: "after multi_validate_format")
|> unique_constraint([:passport_no, :acc_type_id], name: :unique_acc_with_passport, message: "already exists")

And then tell us what do you see on the console.

If you allow me one small piece of advice, being as brief (almost silent) as you are will not help you get answers on forums. People are more willing to help when you describe a problem in more details and with context (like library versions) and work with them when they are trying to help.

coilardium

coilardium OP

Thanks it was actually the version of ecto… Thanks for the help

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews