sineed
Hello!
I just started upgrading Oban from OSS version to Pro and found that the old config:
config :my_project, Oban,
repo: MyProject.Repo,
plugins: [
Oban.Plugins.Pruner,
{Oban.Plugins.Cron,
crontab: [
{
"* * * * *", # runs every minute
MyProject.Worker,
max_attempts: 1,
unique: [
# Unique in every 15 minutes
period: 60 * 15,
states: [:available, :scheduled, :executing]
]
}
]}
],
queues: [...]
then converted to Pro version:
config :my_project, Oban,
engine: Oban.Pro.Queue.SmartEngine,
repo: MyProject.Repo,
plugins: [
Oban.Pro.Plugins.DynamicLifeline,
Oban.Pro.Plugins.DynamicPruner,
{Oban.Pro.Plugins.DynamicCron,
crontab: [
{
"* * * * *", # runs every minute
MyProject.Worker,
max_attempts: 1,
unique: [
# Unique in every 15 minutes
period: 60 * 15,
states: [:available, :scheduled, :executing]
]
}
]}
],
queues: [...]
Produces the following error:
17:41:15.098 [module=gen_server ][error] GenServer {Oban.Registry, {Oban, {:plugin, Oban.Pro.Plugins.DynamicCron}}} terminating
** (stop) %ArgumentError{message: [opts: {"expected cron opts to be one of [:args, :max_attempts, :priority, :queue, :tags, :timezone]", []}]}
Last message: {:continue, :start}
Oban version: 2.12.1
Oban Pro version: 0.11.1
I compared code of DynamicCron between the latest Pro version which is 0.12.4 and version 0.11.1. The diff is empty which tells me it should work the same in the latest version.
Is this intended for Pro, so I can set job uniqueness period in OSS version but cannot do that in Pro?
Meanwhile I’m trying to set it as an option inside use Oban.Worker.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Oban Threads
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sineed
Yes, moving this
uniqueoption inside a Worker worked. I think it should be pointed in docs thatuniquecannot be used in the app config.sorentwo
Sorry for the confusion!
There is a section in the docs that calls out which options are allowed:
Setting unique overrides on Cron is usually a recipe for confusion, which is why it isn’t available as an option.
sineed
I agree it is confusing to see unique setting inside the cron definition. At the same time the job may take longer than we expect (it interacts with external system) so we have to ensure it is not enqueuing when external system down/slowly responds.