legibly-sinless-fil

legibly-sinless-fil

Hello community !

I have a small app that I used to get started with liveview. Inside this app, there is a slider with 2 ranges:

This slider is handled using JS, which then sends a custom event to LiveView to transmit the values in real time. This all works very well! Until LiveView updates the DOM. The JS actually updates inline styles of the div’s that make up the slider - and LiveView will overwrite the DOM, changing the styles back.

Is there a way to tell LiveView to “ignore” certain parts of the DOM? The slider itself is an entire div without any liveview tags in it, but it is itself inside of a form that is generated using liveview.

To recap, the page has the following structure:

<%= form_for ... %>
  ...
  <div id="slider">
    (no liveview here)
  </div>
  ...
<% end %>

Is there a way to tell liveview not to update anything inside id ?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

andreaseriksson

andreaseriksson

Yes. Use phx-update="ignore" on the element
https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix_live_view/dom-patching.html

legibly-sinless-fil

legibly-sinless-fil OP

Yup, that did it. Don’t know how I missed that in the docs. Thanks a lot !

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
thiagogsr
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews