chocolatedonut

chocolatedonut

Will, or should, Elixir 1.20 types warn when a struct is in a list and a struct’s key is mistyped? Only the uncommented Enum.reject line produces a warning (and already pre-1.20, at least in 1.18). Is there a plan that the shorthand (Enum.reject(& &1.c == 1)) will also warn?

defmodule A do
  defstruct [:b]
end

def test do
  [%A{b: 1}]
  |> Enum.reject(fn %A{} = a -> a.c == 1 end)     # warns
  # |> Enum.reject(fn a -> a.c == 1 end)  # doesn't warn
  # |> Enum.reject(& &1.c == 1)           # doesn't warn
end

Apologies for a potentially ignorant question, as I haven’t been following the compiler development closely.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

josevalim

josevalim

Creator of Elixir

It will eventually warn on shorthand. The code looks simple but getting this particular example to warn via the type system requires parametric types (and a lot of work behind the scenes!).

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

sntran
In my third year of college, around 2010, I found Erlang. A few years later, I found Elixir. I liked the ideas at once: many small proces...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews