11) ElixirConf US 2018 – Ticket to Fly: Porting an Application from Rails to Phoenix – Catherine Zoller

ElixirConf US 2018 – Ticket to Fly: Porting an Application from Rails to Phoenix – Catherine Zoller (@cathyzoller)

While porting a project from Ruby on Rails to Phoenix/React, I’ve realized just how deceiving looks can be. “Ticket to Fly” focuses on finding solutions to unexpected challenges along the way. Specifically, we’ll look into working with images, including svg file parsing, and converting ruby methods to elixir by taking advantage of recursion and function piping.

Audience: Beginner, Intermediate
Topics: phoenix

All talks are available in the ElixirConf US 2018 Talks List or via the elixirconf2018 tag

2 Likes

Great talk Cathy! There are some good tips here about Arc and image uploads and manipulation :023:

I also loved how you got excited when you were asked questions in the end - shows you are passionate about the topic and Elixir :003:

You have a lovely calming speaking voice too - have you thought about doing screencasts? You should definitely consider it!

I will also admit that I just had to watch this talk because of the picture of the dog in the thumbnail and I was curious how it related to your talk :lol: