mspanc
Membrane Core Team
Hello, I’ve just released Dockerator - a tool for turning Elixir apps into Docker images.
It is especially useful if you use a lot of dependencies hosted on private git/ssh repositories but there also a few other use cases in which it might be a time saver.
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Following on from my CLDR lbraries I started work on Unicode transforms. But like everything related to CLDR there is a lot of yak-shavin...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development?
Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
qhwa
Hi @mspanc, is this project still active? I see
distilleryis used in the project. So far as I know it can be replaced by elixir’s built-inmix releasesince 1.9, otherwise there will be a conflict when the project is using Elixir >= 1.9.The reason why I asked is because I have a private hex package for deployment having a lot in common with your library. It “dockerize” elixir projects, and deploy them to kubernetes cluster. Before making it public, I want to see if this is necessary. If I can use existing hex packages, there is absolutely no need to create another one, and we can together make one solution stay tuned.
mspanc
Hi, the project is being used in several places but definitely needs an update.
I’d be glad to create a joint solution.
qhwa
I just make my library public: GitHub - qhwa/dockerize: A small hex package for creating docker image from an Elixir project. · GitHub
This library is quite mini as it only supports Elixir >= 1.9
We can see if we can join.
wdiechmann
I’ve given your dockerize a whirl - and it’s great!!
Except for a minor issue - which I’ve commented on, in the repo, on github
qhwa
Thank you for reporting. I’m going to release a new version to fix it this weekend.