polypush135

polypush135

Starting with a very basic blog post example app. https://github.com/joshchernoff/liveview_uploader_example

I generated a liveview Post where I added a upload for image and added a cancel_upload button on the entries.

Most of this was based on the docs from Uploads — Phoenix LiveView v1.2.5

I outline the error in the repo example but in short it never seems that cancel_upload/3 from Phoenix.LiveView.Upload would ever work. What am I missing?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

Is there a reason to allow_upload on the parent LV instead of the component with the form?

polypush135

polypush135 OP

Yes because if you notice I’m not using a phx-target on the button.

https://github.com/joshchernoff/liveview_uploader_example/blob/709c58916caf5d25f3bfe2e462fddcc92873c284/lib/my_app_web/live/post_live/form_component.html.heex#L35

Thats because first I would have to try and target the form-component. If I tried phx-target={@myself that will still target the Form LV not the form component. Also if I set it to something explicit like the root component dom ID. it will end up just triggering the form submit.

I struggled with this for little while so I just ended up going with the flow since inherent target seems to want to fire off the Form LV I just went with it. That said I’m not sure if thats not the issue because as I state I never see the entries hydrated before cancel_upload is called.

03juan

03juan

If you don’t specify a type for a button inside a form like <button type="button"> then the standard browser behaviour is to assume it’s a submit. Adding the type and phx-target={@myself} to it should send the message to the form live component without triggering the form submit.

polypush135

polypush135 OP

Thanks

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews