Full Stack Developer at SMR Worldwide | On-site Charlotte

Introductory paragraph

SMR Worldwide (www.smr-worldwide.com) is a rapidly growing IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) provider and electronics recycler. We are seeking an experienced Software Developer to join our technology team in our Charlotte, NC office. We’ve built a customized ERP platform to manage our business and need to add a talented developer who can help us support our accelerating growth.

This position will be responsible for designing, developing and testing new features and functionality that will help us streamline operations, integrate our systems, improve our customer experience and support new business opportunities. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with taking a high-level problem statement and delivering a complete solution in a fast-paced environment.

About us

My name: Jeremy Huffman
My position: Director of Technology
Company name: SMR Worldwide
Company info and history:

At SMR Worldwide (formerly Smart Metals Recycling) we’ve built our own ERP in-house from the ground up with Elixir, Phoenix and Vue.js. This system runs all of our operations, handling concerns such as: order management, shipping/receiving, inventory as well as specific support for ITAD and recycling processes and tracking the yields and outcomes of those processes.

About the job

Job title: Full Stack Developer
Job description:
This position will be responsible for designing, developing and testing new features and functionality that will help us streamline operations, integrate our systems, improve our customer experience and support new business opportunities. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with taking a high-level problem statement and delivering a complete solution in a fast-paced environment.

Salary range: $105K - $125K
Position on remote work: Not considering remote presently; the position is in Uptown Charlotte, NC.
Qualifications or experience required: We’re looking for five years of development experience building web applications. We’d love to see experienced Elixir/Phoenix/Vue.js developers apply, but none of those are a requirement. If you want to learn to develop on that stack and have experience with Rails, Django or other full-stack web development frameworks we’d love to speak to you.

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

We have a lot of projects planned and new ones come up all the time as we sign new clients and introduce new products and services. In the near-term we’ll be introducing new features to better capture processing requirements, SLAs and other contractual terms into the system in a way structured enough to constrain processing activities on the shop floor. We’ll also be doing a make-over of our customer on-boarding process, filling gaps and reducing hand-offs.

About the interview process

We’ll do short initial call to discuss the company, role and candidate background, answer questions and assess interest on both sides. If it makes sense we’ll schedule a day for the candidate to come work with us in our Charlotte office on a problem very representative of our day-to-day work. We’ll use this time to get to know each other a bit more and assess technical capability. Afterward we’ll review the work produced, discuss internally and get back to the candidate within 48 hours.

Further info

Feel free to PM me on the forum with questions. We have a job posting on Indeed and would like applications to be submitted there (but feel free to PM me to let me know to look for it): https://www.indeed.com/job/full-stack-developer-ee710100ace9e522

4 Likes